Thursday, May 21, 2009

my senior exam classes have all lefts school for the year now so I have LOADS of free time in work for working on what I really LIKE doing!!

so, today I got a LOAD of work done on the slope dread.

a lot of neck carving & sanding, then the frets fitted.....

slope shoulder dread dreadnaught  luthier

then the holes drilled for the bolt system and finally glued it in place.

Photobucket

also, while the neck glue was setting, I cut a heel cap from the offcuts of the headstock so there is a little continuity between the two veneers.

tomorrow I don't have just as much free time, but it'd be nice to get the heel cap carved to match the heel and then final sanding before the first coat of varnish......

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier