Tuesday, May 05, 2009

dread progress..

neck & tail blocks glued in and linings cut and glued in


back bracing shaped & glued on...


segmented rosette....

pieces cut and glued onto scrap


then cut.....


same slots cut on the top


then the top channel routed out and the pieces glued in


I also made a template for cutting the slot head for the dread based on Cumpiano's book....


this is all good news.

there is sadly some bad news.

I had a disagreement with a circular saw on Friday.

I took about 1/4" off the end of my left middle finger.


now long term this isn't the end of the world, but it means I wont be playing for a while. maybe a month if it heals REALLY quickly, realistically I'm expecting not to be fretting any strings for two months.

I took a pic on Tuesday after taking off the dressing. I'll not post the pic here, but if you REALLY want a look follow the link. DON'T look if you're squeamish or were planning to have bolognese tonight......


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier