Tuesday, May 05, 2009

dread progress..

neck & tail blocks glued in and linings cut and glued in

Photobucket

back bracing shaped & glued on...

Photobucket

segmented rosette....

pieces cut and glued onto scrap

Photobucket

then cut.....

Photobucket

same slots cut on the top

Photobucket

then the top channel routed out and the pieces glued in

Photobucket

I also made a template for cutting the slot head for the dread based on Cumpiano's book....

Photobucket

this is all good news.

there is sadly some bad news.

I had a disagreement with a circular saw on Friday.

I took about 1/4" off the end of my left middle finger.

ouch.

now long term this isn't the end of the world, but it means I wont be playing for a while. maybe a month if it heals REALLY quickly, realistically I'm expecting not to be fretting any strings for two months.

I took a pic on Tuesday after taking off the dressing. I'll not post the pic here, but if you REALLY want a look follow the link. DON'T look if you're squeamish or were planning to have bolognese tonight......

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e328/gowanedwards/misc/40601119.jpg

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier