Friday, January 23, 2009

well I got the chisels sharpened this morning, so I was able to make a start of the neck mortice & tenon joints.

Easiest one first, the dread shaped one, with flat shoulders was the work of a few moments to get lined up and glued into place.

Photobucket

then I did some rough shaping to the backs of the other two necks, and got the join on #42 NEARLY done before I had to leave work to collect my no 2 child from Ju Jitsu.

the curved shoulders and fretboard extension make life a LOT more complicated than the guitar style joint as there are a load of different things going on... ah well, no disasters......

yet!!

Photobucket

The rough edge inside the joint will be hidden by a heel cap.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm looking forward to the possibility of maybe getting the first coat of finish on all three mandos by the end of next week.....

maybe!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier