Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Got a lot of bits & pieces done today.....

before work I cut the end of #42's fingerboard extension and routed the neck binding channel

Photobucket

maple strips will be glued in like this......

Photobucket

see?

Photobucket

tuner holes in #40......

Photobucket

started the neck mortices on two, but my chisels need sharpened so I'll leave that til the electricians have finished installing the new table saw in the store.....

rough carved the back of the neck of #41

Photobucket

and after school the bandages came off the bound neck on #42.....

I LOVE the way modern glues set so quickly!!

Photobucket

hopefully the sparks will be finished installing the saw tomorrow so I can get to the grinder to sharpen the chisels as I don't want to go near the neck joints with tools as blunt as my sense of humour!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier