Wednesday, June 17, 2009

two weeks til the end of term......

I'm not going to get #50 done for then, and even if I did, my finger wouldn't be up to playing it anyway, so I'm putting it on hold....... well, sort of. I might do bits & pieces......

anyway, other work.....

the mandola needed a new neck. the one I had made died as I was carving it and went too deep and found myself looking at the trussrod from the underside.......

ah well, the new neck is carved, fretted and fitted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

a maple heelcap is on, so a load of sanding before varnish.

the mandos.... well I got a back braced, attached to the sides, then a rosette fitted to the top, the top beaced and fitted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier