Friday, September 05, 2008

Wow, it seems like MONTHS since I've posted anything here......

OK, it IS months as I was off on holiday and locked out of my workshop, but anyway!!

right, current work on the table is an electric bass for myself.the Idea is to make it a testbed for pickups to test various types until I get the "perfect" setup. hence the "swimming pool" route.

the body is Ash, the neck maple and the fretboard is a synthetic one I got off ebay for very little. allegedly from a Kramer bass........

Still, I decided to liven up the grain a little. I washed it with my usual water based varnish with a few drops of blue dye, then after it dried sanded it off again. the less dense summer growt absorbs more of the dye than the more dense spring/autumn growth so the grain is enhanced.

still needs a fair bit of sanding.

Haven't decided if I'm going to clear coat it now or go with a paler blue..........






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier