OK, here goes on an archtop. On the cheap, as I haven't a clue what I'm doing!!
The back (Ovankhol) is flat like a regular acoustic and the front is carved from spruce bracing stock that I got from madinter for pennies..
the sides are bent, the linings glued in with neck & tail blocks and the back is braced then attached.
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (104)
- Finished pics of the bass..... stacked volumes, m...
- right, the top...... the outside is rough carved ...
- Archtop!! OK, here goes on an archtop. On the ch...
- So, another few coats of clear, sanded out, then ...
- So, next step with the bass.... sand out the...
- Wow, it seems like MONTHS since I've posted anythi...
- ▼ September (6)
- ► 2007 (63)