Monday, November 13, 2006
OK, fretting.......arch the frets a little. LMI supply the fretwire on a roll so it's prebent. I bend mine by putting the end in a hole in a block of wood and bending it!! press it home. Some like to hammer, I like using the drill press with a flat headed bolt in there. snip the edges as near flush with the side of the fingerboard as you can get.bung 'em in, snip 'em off later...hammering them in leaves a load of dents on the tops of the frets. they need filed anyway, but I get fewer problems this way.
OK, confession time.
The neck that you've been watching come to life is now in the bin.
I shaved the back of the neck a little and broke through into the truss rod cavity.
Oak isn't pleasant to carve, so it's back to mahogany.
Posted by Martinedwards at 5:00 pm
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (104)
- ► 2008 (50)
- ► 2007 (63)
- Ok, here we go with the doubleneck. today I ...
- Ok, so whats on offer at the minute......... the...
- And here we are with strings on. A wee reminder ...
- OK, fretting.......arch the frets a little. LMI...
- make a neck (pt 2) After marking out the rough ne...
- okey dokey, someone asked me to detail the making...
- ▼ November (6)