Monday, January 08, 2007

Here's the Les Paul Neck. mahogany, Sycamore mahogany laminate, trussrod slot cut and ebony fingerboard glued on top. then cut to shape and I've started carving the profile. Headstock still to be confirmed but I'm leaning towards squarish rather than my usual tapered shenanigans. just seems fitting.......
















This is the cedar top for the granadillo back & sides six string for Tricia. The rosette turned out nicely, my first segmented one, the separating lines are maple, the dark wood Granadillo salvaged from the back's off-cuts. As I type, the glue is drying so just the binding to do on this box, and I'm probably going to go with curly maple as I have some handy.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier