Remember those good news-bad news games you played as a kid?
OK, good news back braced & glued in.
Bad news won't have time before Easter hols to get the box closed
good news glued in rosette (with purfling)
bad news, chipped a lump of it out planing it flat. (look closely at 10 o'clock..... )o; )
Options at this point.
forget about it and fill the hole with lots & lots of varnish and then sand flat.
No good, it would look awful.
route it out and start again.
extreme, but may end up being the only solution
I COULD route out the damaged section and then inlay another piece of wood, maybe contrasting, then a couple of other pieces to make it look like it was intended.......
Worst case scenario? rout it all out again & start again, so I think I'll give this a go. I'll do another one with a plain circle rosette and let Steven decide which one he'd like best when they're done.
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (104)
- Neck lammed. Mahogany maple mahogany with a hairl...
- Remember those good news-bad news games you played...
- neck & tail block cut & glued linings glued ...
- So, progress on Steven's walnut/spruce guitar........
- New commission from Steven in England. Yay!! Ok ...
- The latest mando is done, tuned up and on ebay as ...
- Mando & 12 string progress....... these two have ...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2007 (63)