New commission from Steven in England.
Ok Steven wants a guitar that is VERY similar to something I'd build for myself, so I'm hoping that this will be something REALLY special.
the spec is a 12 fretter, walnut/spruce body the same as the 12 string I'm just finishing, EI Rosewood fretboard & binding.
Timescale? Well, the Easter holidays are all but upon us but I'll try to get something done before Thursday when I get locked out of my workshop for two weeks (ah, the perils of building guitars in your lunch break eh? But still, it's warm, dry and I have free run of the machines!!)
So far I've resawn & planed the wood for the back & sides.
I'll joint both backs and see which one feels stiffest, then match up the sides to go with it.
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (104)
- Neck lammed. Mahogany maple mahogany with a hairl...
- Remember those good news-bad news games you played...
- neck & tail block cut & glued linings glued ...
- So, progress on Steven's walnut/spruce guitar........
- New commission from Steven in England. Yay!! Ok ...
- The latest mando is done, tuned up and on ebay as ...
- Mando & 12 string progress....... these two have ...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2007 (63)