Neck lammed. Mahogany maple mahogany with a hairline of rosewood veneer on the joins. I dug this veneer out of the back of a cupboard and going by it's age it's probably Brazilian. Always nice to be able to say your guitar has a little Brazilan rosewood in it ;o)
I decided to segment the rosette that got damaged by the plane. I marked it out with a compass and then dremelled out some chunks, and cut pieces of pale cherry to replace them.
I've done another top with a plain walnut rosette too, so Steven can choose his preferred one.
both still need the outer & inner ring cut & inlaid.
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (69)
- ► 2009 (104)
- Neck lammed. Mahogany maple mahogany with a hairl...
- Remember those good news-bad news games you played...
- neck & tail block cut & glued linings glued ...
- So, progress on Steven's walnut/spruce guitar........
- New commission from Steven in England. Yay!! Ok ...
- The latest mando is done, tuned up and on ebay as ...
- Mando & 12 string progress....... these two have ...
- ▼ March (7)
- ► 2007 (63)