Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bouzouki #47 well under way.

top & back joined
Photobucket

back braced:

Photobucket

cut out

Photobucket

and the braces partially carved (still have to scallop the ends)

Photobucket

sides bent, neck & tail blocks shaped & glued and linings glued in place.

Photobucket

the first of the guitar bodied zouks is nearly done.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

still have to set up the intonation at the bridge, make a truss rod cover and generally tighten everything up, but there are strings on it!!

compared to the mahogany pew guitar it has a HUGE volume!! loads of bass on the bottom strings and still plenty of zing higher up. It's really nice (though I say so myself) though I'll have to detune the top pair of strings from E to D before I let Bart have a go as he's a proper Zouk player and not an ocatave mandolinist like me!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier