Bouzouki #47 well under way.
top & back joined
and the braces partially carved (still have to scallop the ends)
sides bent, neck & tail blocks shaped & glued and linings glued in place.
the first of the guitar bodied zouks is nearly done.
still have to set up the intonation at the bridge, make a truss rod cover and generally tighten everything up, but there are strings on it!!
compared to the mahogany pew guitar it has a HUGE volume!! loads of bass on the bottom strings and still plenty of zing higher up. It's really nice (though I say so myself) though I'll have to detune the top pair of strings from E to D before I let Bart have a go as he's a proper Zouk player and not an ocatave mandolinist like me!!
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (69)
- bouzouki..... a lot of shaping done on the neck.....
- Zouk progress: got the face of the headstock sand...
- Braces carved and the top onto the zouk..... th...
- Well, the Easter Hols are over and I'm back at wor...
- and the Pew guitar is done. unplugged it's not th...
- Bouzouki #47 well under way. top & back joined ...
- ▼ April (6)
- ► 2008 (50)
- ► 2007 (63)