and the Pew guitar is done.
unplugged it's not the loudest guitar in the world, but then it's a small body with a mahogany top. Plugged in, with a cheap artec endpin preamp & under saddle piezo its BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE the sound of this. I really hope Colin will be as delighted with this as I am!
on a less delighted note, the bridge that I had made for the second guitar zouk split along a flaw in the wood so until I get some more ebony it's on hold.
but, it's Easter, so I'm out of school and the workshop for two weeks. when I get back, it's finish the first zouk, get the second resurrected with a new bridge, then tear on with zouk 47, and start the other two commissions I have in the pipeline, a slope shouldered dread, and a trad shaped mandola.
Happy Easter dear reader, and please remember that Easter isn't actually about chocolate.
Its about Christ's resurrection.
the chocolate is just an add on.
a WELCOME add on, but an add on none the less!!
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (69)
- bouzouki..... a lot of shaping done on the neck.....
- Zouk progress: got the face of the headstock sand...
- Braces carved and the top onto the zouk..... th...
- Well, the Easter Hols are over and I'm back at wor...
- and the Pew guitar is done. unplugged it's not th...
- Bouzouki #47 well under way. top & back joined ...
- ▼ April (6)
- ► 2008 (50)
- ► 2007 (63)