Monday, April 28, 2008


Some good, some bad.

the bad?@

I had ordered a bunch of stuff from Madinter in Spain. the order went through. My Visa company phoned to check that this was a genuine transaction and I confirmed it. after 3 weeks I emailed Madinter to ask where the order was. A VERY nice sounding Spanish lady phoned me to say that the Visa company HADN'T released the funds!!

DURN!!

this means that Steve's bracing is 3 weeks behind schedule as it's only now making it's way from Spain to me.....

BOO!!!!

Ah well, I've shaped the headstock and fretted the neck in the meantime.

Other jobs under way while I wait are spraying the brace of mandolas that have been under way for what seems like AGES

I also have plans to build myself a decent electric bass. I have a stash of Ash planks, to today I glued two chunks together to make a body blank. this is a definite long finger build, but I had the plane out and a half hour with no other important jobs pending.......

I've set a bass bridge on top to give an idea of scale.

I'll take off the cramps and maybe get round to drawing on the body outline, but this one won't be done till after Christmas.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier