Monday, May 16, 2011

fretless bass.... fingerboard sanded....

Photobucket

internal circuitry

there will be a regular humbucker pickup and a piezo bridge. I have a number of guitars with piezo bridges and there is always a problem linking the two signals together for a single cable run.. so, to try to get around that, the plan is to have a seperate preamp for each of the pups then blend them afterwards. from what I've been able to glean on the net, the opamp circuit I'm using SHOULD do the job nicely with only one resistor to be changed between the teo pup types.

here's my first one, for the magnetic pick up. I haven't tried it with strings, but all connected up with a pup, when a screwdriver is scraped across the pole pieces it makes all the right noises!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier