Saturday, October 16, 2010

Always fancied an archtop, ever since the George Michael Faith video......



anyway,

no money to be spent as it's for me.... so back and sides cheapest mahogany I can find in the stash, top will be bracing wood, neck to be mahogany scraps. neck and tailpiece from ebony I have laying around.

I want a double cutaway with F holes though......

I HAVE read Benedetto's book on archtops so I'm not TOTALLY in the dark, but I'm not following his plans, just his layout.....

all righty....

body mould, I had already, the back will be two cheap "bending practice" sides joined to make a 4 piece back...

Photobucket

the top is a bunch of bracing billets glued up...

Photobucket

a double cutaway'sa symetry is likely to be a problem, so I'm bending a single side and then splitting it into two symetrical sides.... smart huh?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Christ is My Hope said...

this is so awesome! I love seeing how guitars are made. Thx for all the photos. :)

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier