Tuesday, March 03, 2009

1st zouk top braced and fitted......

Photobucket

Photobucket

two necks glued up... simple two piece for strength & stability.

Photobucket

and the back of the closed box bound with the matching rosewood.

Photobucket

the church pew guitar is closed too.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

and bound, again with rosewood.....

Photobucket

and the mando?

well, I had a brainstorm today.

in the future I plan to build a guitar for myself with a fanned fretboard and a bevelled armrest.

the fanned fretboard I've built a jig for, but the bevelled armrest? well I decided to have a dry run on the dread mando, so first I removed the linings from the top edge.....

Photobucket

then cut a block of mahogany to match the curve.....

Photobucket

add a veneer of rosewood....

Photobucket

and glue it all up

Photobucket

no idea how it'll turn out, but I reckon I'm going to loose less if I screw up a mando than if I screw up a guitar!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier