Saturday, December 13, 2008

A4 cont.

sides in the completed frame



tail block shaped to match the curve and glued in place. No, you CAN'T have too many clamps!!



kerfed linings glued into place around the rim. I prefer to put the kerfs against the side rather than away from the side. this (in my humble opinion) is stronger when planing the top edge to provide a glueing surface for the back or top. Any time I've glued them in with the kerfs outward (as is traditional) I always manage to break a few. Is having the clothes peg alternate colours a bit anal retentive? maybe I have issues.......



so, the back. using the original outline. I already had this back joined and "resting" in the store.....



and roughly cut out with the band saw

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier