Saturday, September 26, 2009

Busy week at work so very little lutherie done.

AND the heater element in my bending iron burned out so I had a PIG of a job finding a replacement, but HOPEFULLY the one I found at RSComponents will do the job when it arrives so I can get the binding on the cutaway mando and the sides bent for the 00 bouzouki.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

my internet is driving me nuts!!

my home connection is VERY tempramental, and I can't use blogger or photobucket at work, so posting these pics is getting very hit & miss!!

anyway, I've got some bits & pieces done this week:

three fretboards slotted, for the cutaway mando, then OM and a guitar bodied bouzouki that will eventually find it's way to Lanzarotte....

Photobucket

cantilevered neck extention onto the OM

Photobucket

truss rod slot cut

Photobucket

fretboard glued on

Photobucket

binding slots cut

Photobucket

and rosewood binding fitted

Photobucket

mando neck rough cut

Photobucket

binding slot cut..

Photobucket

neck for the zouk rough cut and the headplate glued on

Photobucket

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The braces carved on the OM,

Photobucket

then after planing the linings right at the edges I glued on the top,

Photobucket

and after six hours or so to set, trimmed the excess

Photobucket

it's starting to look like it might some day be a musical instrument of some sort!!

the mando had the bridge plate shaped and glued into place and an extra brace added to support the top into the neck block

Photobucket

then the braces were carved

Photobucket

About Me

Married with 4 kids, Christian, worship leader, luthier